Tuesday 26 June 2012

"The Train Now Standing..."

... at platform one isn't going anywhere for a while.

I didn't get to the plants for the hanging baskets yesterday, or today.
My body was giving definite hints about other priorities, such as getting horizontal and doing very little.

I still need to work (or not-work) on getting that much rest so as to be ahead of "fatigued", with its punishing payback.  From there I gather it's a matter of staying in the good zone, making fewer demands than the body can comfortably meet.
That's theory now, even if it makes sense.  I haven't got there, yet, though I've now a nice little kitchen timer/alarm for marking out tiny rations of activity.
It is definitely like sunbathing: by the time you realise you've overdone it, you've really overdone it.

The other train arrived in the post today.  Via eBay and Germany. A part-broken toy train, thirty years old.  In need of some restoration and playing with.
This could also be overdone, I suspect, but a bit of finding fun, when fun is far from easy to come by, is important therapy, lest the daily grind, boredom, pain, discipline, frustration... (pick a few, or all) turn into a mood nosedive.
That's my excuse anyway.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood".

But I'll make the trains better, slowly.
And have fun gently and undemonstratively.
Demonstratively would cost too much.  There are limits.
Picking a careful, measured path, again.


No comments:

Post a Comment