Saturday 11 August 2012

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

Even though not fully recovered from doing too much on Thursday,
to the extent that it wasn't difficult to detect that I wasn't fully recovered, I went out today.

There are some things, even in this era of enhanced communications, that cannot be done from home, or handed over to friendly neighbours.
(If I get that bit worse, such will become interesting.)

I was out and about for less than an hour, with about half of that driving, which I don't find particular tiring, on the easy roads I need.

I accomplished several things, so I'm comfortable house-bound for the next month at least.
(Interesting that that feels better than facing going out, given I have not the slightest trace of agoraphobia.)
So, jobs done: doctor's, bank.

And, at least as important, a benchmark for me should I think to go out more.
I'm starting to pay now, and Sunday will be another "do very little" day, possibly Monday too.   That will be worth recording, especially as in September I'm going to be offered some group therapy work on the management of ME, about fifteen miles away (the nearest possible centre).
As things stand, I don't think I'm going to be well enough to do either the trips or the sessions, never mind the two together even going by taxi, which I could probably squeeze out the money for.

Well, not and have any sort of life for the rest of the week!
My occupational therapist will be visiting in ten day's time, and it will probably be discussed then.  The the trip today will give me a useful perspective, once I see how it leaves me, but given I find anything  over five minutes of activity tiring (barring certain excepted categories that I've found minimally demanding) it is not promising.
Groups I find tiring with my Asperger's anyway: it requires operating at high alert to understand other people well, and if the sessions are as I understand it, to include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, that's going to be seriously draining.

Not least because when it comes to CBT, there's the good, the bad, and the downright ugly.
Been there, done that, know the difference.
And know it's something else to stay alert for.

No comments:

Post a Comment